Friday, April 11, 2014

Five For Friday!

 This week I had a lot of fun with my students.  All of my 5 "things" from this week are not academic...which I do feel bad about. However, I assure you we had lots of learning taking place. 


April showers bring May flowers!

Got to love a little camera fun!

















We were lean mean roping machines! 

We had fun learning to use a lasso as we wrapped up our Tall Tales unit. We had to try and also a cow, a goat, and a tornado.  If we lassoed the cow, we had to write a "noo" word. (That was my attempt at humor.)  If we lassoed the old goat, we had to write an old word.  Lastly, if we lassoed the tricky tornado, we had to write a trick word. 










I scream you scream, we ALL scream for ice cream!

I treated all my students to ice cream since I think they are GOLDEN event though the judges didn't select our class for the Golden Apple.




Sing, sing a song...

I was so proud of all the first graders on Tuesday when they sang for 1st Congressional Church.




Who's going to second grade?

We are going to start a persuasive writing next week! 
Students will plan and write a persuasive essay/speech about why they should go to second grade.  After they have written their essay, they will take it home for fine tuning and to practice giving their speech. On a given day, TBA, each child will give their argument to the judge, that's me!  I will decide if I believe their argument.  ;)  
This should be a lot of fun! I am going to wear my black graduation robe so I can look the part of a judge.

Today was the photo shoot.  These pictures will be attached to each child's completed essay and hung in the hallway.










No comments:

Post a Comment